Game Picking Calendar

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Live Game Selection? Making Sausage...

In the past, I've collected game requests, compiled them, and sat down over a weekend to dole out the results and that's worked pretty well.

This year - with more people and the added complication of different seat locations, this is starting to look a lot harder.  The initial choices aren't so bad, but there's a whole new level on moving to alternates (is the seat location more important or the game date?).

I'm contemplating trying to organize a gathering for seat selection to allow you to request and adjust on the fly - and to save me from making those types of decisions.  I'm thinking maybe a Saturday in March (maybe the 2nd week of the NCAAs so there's something on the tube too) - and have started scouting around for places with a meeting room (my place definitely won't hold us) - I've already found at least one that's free.

There's a little bit of "do you really want to see how the sausage is made?" aspect to this...like when people are flexible on dates, they might get shifted around a little bit after I first put them into a game to help me fit everything in later on...or when someone says "that Sat. night is my kid's birthday" they might get a little "help" in getting that date.  But if you're up for sitting around for...I have no idea how long this will take...it might be fun.

For now, I've posted a poll on the blog - look in the upper right corner.  Instead of replying to me on this via email, vote Yes/No/Maybe on the poll to give me a feel for what people want to do.  You can add any comments or suggestions to this blog post too to give me some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment